The World’s Richest Information
Resource about Birds for Birders
Fatbirder is the premier birders’ web resource about birds, birding and birdwatching. Whether you are looking for facts about hummingbirds, songbirds, shorebirds or raptors in your backyard or are planning a trip or birding tour anywhere in the world Fatbirder is the site for you.
There are tens of thousands of links on two thousand pages about birding everywhere; a page for every country & state & every bird family.
It’s all here from RSPB wildlife reserves or Audubon bird sanctuaries to the best bird watching binoculars and spotting scopes. There are page sections on books, guides, forums, reserves, accommodation, trip report, bird clubs and more as well as pages on topics such as ornithology, twitching, endangered species, conservation, equipment, pelagics, birding holidays and much more.
Fatbirder benefits hugely from the contributions of birders, photographers, ornithologists and birdwatchers from all over the world. Local birders wrote most country and state introductions, and Fatbirder users took most of the photographs featured. As always, we welcome feedback and suggestions.
Contact me if you want one of your photographs featured!
- Published today by the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO), Into the Red brings together 70 artists and 70 writers to help secure a future for the 70 birds on the UK Red List ...moreOctober 5th, 2022
- At 45 years old, a Fulmar recorded on an uninhabited Scottish island is one of the oldest of its kind ever recorded. The bird’s extraordinary age is a reminder that many seabirds ...moreSeptember 26th, 2022
- | Field Guide to the Birds of the Dominican Republic & Haiti | By Steven C Latta, Christopher Rimmer & Kent McFarland | Princeton University Press| Edition 2 | 2022 | Paperback ...moreSeptember 19th, 2022
- The latest Grumpy Old Birder Article is now on line as well as on page 19 of the September 2022 edition of Birdwatching Magazine (UK) Read it HERESeptember 19th, 2022
- The world famous Sandwich Bay Bird Observatory invites you to learn in the comfort of your own armchair! Join John Buckingham via Zoom; he will be running a 10-week course, split into ...moreSeptember 19th, 2022