The Birdwatchers Yearbook 2013
328 pages | Softcover | Buckingham Press 2012 | Edition: 33 | ISBN 9780956987631
Publishers View:: Even in this internet age, nothing can beat having all the information you need as a birdwatcher in one handy volume. For the past 33 years, The Birdwatcher’s Yearbook has been acclaimed as the most comprehensive reference work for the British birdwatching scene. In 336 fact-filled pages, the Yearbook seeks to provide a comprehensive compendium of verified information covering all aspects of the hobby. Why trawl the internet endlessly, and often fruitlessly, when the information you want is all in one handy volume?
The many features of the 2013 edition include:
– A giant address book, which will enable readers to make contact with their county recorder, the nearest bird club or BTO representative, the closest bird hospital, the organisers of national bird surveys and bird conservation groups, plus so many more.
- A Birding Diary & Notebook element for recording each field trip, plus up-to-date Checklists for birds (based on the BOU British List), butterflies and dragonflies.
– Fully updated guide to more than 400 UK bird and nature reserves.
- Tide table information right through to April 2014 to help readers get the best from their coastal bird trips.
- Special features: The history of the British Birdwatching Fair, New technology being used by BTO for bird recording, Ornithological news headlines, Best Bird Books of the Year and Your guide to birding websites worth viewing.
– Birding events diary for 2013.
– Directories to lecturers, artists, photographers and trade outlets of interest to birdwatchers.
Fatbirder View: Just BUY IT! If you are from or live in these isles and are a birder you need this, it is an essential reference even with wonderful internet resources like Fatbirder you will still find plenty here to more than warrant the outlay!
Copies can be ordered direct from Buckingham Press Ltd., 55 Thorpe Park Road, Peterborough PE3 6LJ